*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ham, Cheddar, Onion Strata

Instead of making the same old lasagna, I volunteered to make an egg strata for Shelaghs Teacher Appreciation Lunch. Except, I've never made one and had a hard time finding a good recipe. After looking at several, I winged it...it seemed to come out great (from my covert slice out of the corner).

End:


Before Oven:


After Fixins, Before Eggs:


Here's what I did:
12 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 large onion
12 slices from a wide French bread loaf, 1 in cubes
1/2 lb sliced ham chopped
1 block cheddar, shredded
Chives
S&P

1) Grease 9 x 13 Pam w butter
2) Spread bread cubes into pan
3) Slowly cook sliced onion until soft and slightly caramelized
4) Add ham and warm for 5 mins
5) Pour onion/ham mixture over bread and cool.
6) Beat eggs, milk, chipped chives, s&p and pour over mixture
7) refrigerate overnight
8) Bake at 375 for 50 mins
9) Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 5 more mins
10) Rest for 10 mins and serve


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: