*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Slacker

That's me. Everyday I have ideas for blog entries and everday I don't write them. I used to at least start them in draft to remind myself of the thoughts I'm having, but I haven't even managed to do that. It's not that I mind listening to the children scream or cry, nor does it phase me to burn dinner. Being late is no problem and watching TV or reading magazines is perfectly acceptable. It's that I'm on maternity leave and I've completely checked out mentally. My biggest goal each day is to accomplish something on my long list of small accomplishments around the house or related to the family along the lines of 1) cleaning out a single (amongst many) junk drawer; 2) spring cleaning; 3) changing out pictures in frames; 4) organizing for spring clothes; etc...I've actually accomplished lots of little things, but for being half-way through my leave, there's lots more I hope to finish such as
  • clean out the garage
  • clean out our top floor extra room (donate books, file paperwork, organize packed away clothes, etc), although I thought I heard squeaks up there the other day so b/c there is a chance that maybe I could have possibly might have heard the beginnings of mice could negate this item
  • clean out our inside furnace room/junk accumulator/gift bag heap/"sports" room/tool pile
  • wedding album (yes, almost 7 years later despite the fact that I have the album and the photos I have not finished this - this is the third maternity leave appearance for this particular item)
  • clean out closets for me and Joe and make a huge Salvation Army drop off. I'd like to minimize and really get aggressive on this one (I say that every time)
  • start to plan out Disney vacation itinerary
  • re-do budget
  • find a beach house for august maybe? i always wait until the last minute on this one...we'll end up in some skanky clam shack 3 miles from the beach i'm sure. yes, i will bring my own sheets.
  • start a compost that doesn't cost a million dollars

Some things I have accomplished

  • our taxes and mother in laws taxes
  • scheduled all dr appts (skin, ob, chix pox vaccine, dentist for kids, urologist for kelly (nothing serious just proactively testing for urinary reflux which shelagh had)
  • trip to the outlets to get spring/summer clothes in order (sales weren't good enough so rinse and repeat on this one)
  • started going back to the gym (yeah!)
  • announcements out
  • thank yous up-to-date
  • garden cleaned out in preparation for spring planting

Hmmm...I thought this list would be longer.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Got the announcement...adorable. Sorry to hear about the cat. So sad when an animal goes...I still get chocked up when I think the dog I had as a kid. Hang in there...

:)Bets