*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evening Disasters

Tried to do some things last night upstairs after dinner while the kids were playing around downstairs. I'm just at that stage where I think I can leave Kelly alone for a bit b/c Shelagh is usually all over her - playing with her, leading her around, taking care of her (She's like a little Mother Hen!). I ended up having to fly back downstairs at full speed when Kelly figured out the child locks on the sink cabinet (yes, she did) and managed to dump out a whole canister of Bon Ami (ie Comet) on the floor and herself before I heard Shelagh yell (Thank God).

While I was on the phone with Poison Control and simultaneously washing her hands and splashing water at her eyes (which was no easy feat), Rory spilled his plate with ketchup all over the rug. Seriously. Joe walked in just after I stripped Kelly down to onesie, had Rory pick up his potatoes and scoop up the ketchup, and I sat them both down to watch Clone Wars. I escaped to get a quick hair cut and am just realizing that I never went back to the ketchup stain. This is why I don't spend much effort on house decoration. Also b/c I hate house decoration and am overwhelmed by just the idea of it.

1 comment:

Cmollo said...

The Clone Wars is always the answer. Glad everyone is ok :)

Happy New Year...Mollo