*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Long Month - Looking Forward to 2011

Don't even know how to start... When something bad happens, I guess I back off the blog and then there is whole burden of how to start back up. Then time passes and it's easier just not to. Then I have funny little anecdotes and cute pictures and it seems inappropriate to put those on and ignore the elephant in the room. I went through the same thing when we lost the baby this past April. Now, however, it's my Dad that we've lost. He was quite ill, so it was not unexpected. His decline was fast, but his exit was peaceful and presumably pain-free. It's been difficult to juggle my feelings, the feelings of those around me in my family, and all the sticky stuff that goes along with loss and family dynamics. But, I'm coming through and so onward we go. That's all I'm going to say about that.





Rory and his Boppy (his special name for Grampy)




Update: Then I read Orangette today and Molly wrote about her recent family crisis so beautifully and briefly. It made me think of my struggle wanting to post and not knowing what to write. Here it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is possible to smile & cry at the same time. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. Great memories for you & the kids.
Love you.......
Aunt Harlee

GreenStyleMom said...

I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say.

I also find that I back off my blog in tough times. Sometimes I wish I was willing to be more open or that my blog was more private so that I could express more there. I took a long hiatus after one of my cohousing neighbors was murdered. Never did mention it on the blog. It just felt to personal. Plus the small things I blogged about suddenly felt so... petty.

You are definitely in my thoughts.