*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, August 27, 2010

Boston Farmers Market

How gorgeous are these tomatoes???






I tried to pick a variety of things from a variety of farms for comparison purposes:

- Heirloom tomatoes (for salad)
- Plum tomatoes (to try oven roasted)
- Fingerling potatoes (to braise?)
- Basil (for pesto)
- Leeks
- Fresh mozzarella & burrata (just to eat or w tomatoes & basil for caprese salad)
- Rainbow carrots (I've been meaning to try very fresh carrots and these seemed fun. Mine aren't ready from my garden yet)
- farm fresh pork - I got chops & bacon, of course
- Challah & a short baguette
- Peach pie for dessert tonight
- fresh cinnamon sugar donuts for the kids for ditching them today!

So excited to cook and eat all this! Off to pick up the kids and hit the pool!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: