*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, August 2, 2010

Fresh Veggies!

I love having fresh veggies in the summertime, but I have to admit that I'm barely keeping up! I have a ka-zillion cucumbers, tomatoes from the garden now plus the CSA bag and fruit share. They gave me 4 lbs of peaches last week! Here's what I managed with some of it from last week and I still have green beans and parsley left over.

From Saveur I got a recipe for Panzanella which was taken from Lidia's Italian Table. It was great, but I would wait until the last minute to mix in the bread if making ahead of time. Now that I'm looking at the recipe again I'm realizing that I neglected to toast the bread. I think that would have helped. I did eat it leftover for several days despite the bread soaking up a lot of liquid.

I had a recipe for a Cucumber-Cherry salad from Food & Wine and, for some reason, I read this as Cherry tomatoes. It was actually cherries! Anyway, I made it with cherry tomatoes and I've made it again since then. Great way to use 2 cucumbers at a time.



With some leftover salmon I made this Chopped Salmon Salad from Everyday Food. This was delicious. I skipped the capers and used Dijon instead of whole grain mustard. Great with the wheat Naan bread from Trader Joes.

No comments: