*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fried Chicken

It's my first time making it and it wasn't so bad! Fear of splattering oil and clean up, I guess. I don't know why I waited. I just love fried chicken. It makes me think of my paternal grandmother and this old restaurant in NJ I used to go to as a kid called Don's, which is since gone. The chicken was fabulous and it came with honey to dip it in, which I just couldn't get enough of - plus, free all-u-can-eat pickles. yum. Anyhoo, it's hard to find pre-made other than at the grocery store. My mother in law makes a wonderful version. I tried this version from Everyday Food. I used peanut oil and brought the oil to 350 with a candy/deep-fry thermometer. The result? Use a lower temp and cook it slower next time so the outside is not so dark and the inside is cooked well. Oh, and add more salt.
By the way, my kids are weird and don't like the skin. Insane.

No comments: