*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, September 16, 2010

38

It's my birthday today and I'm officially 38 years old. It sounds so old when I type it, but I feel the same as yesterday. I think birthdays don't phase me anymore. Ask me again in 2 years...maybe I'll change my mind.

Joe and I had a beautiful dinner at Menton (Barbara Lynch's new restaurant in Boston that just got Top 10 best new restaurant in the US by Food & Wine) last Saturday with friends. We are attempting to get away this coming Saturday for a quick overnight in Maine - York, Ogunquit maybe? Other than that, I think I'll have Joe grab some take out chinese and hope he was kidding when he told the kids we were having broccoli cupcakes tonight (although honestly, I love broccoli).

I had my brother up for a quick visit this week and he and the kids had a really nice time together (Rory especially who had a Star Wars battle partner and got 2 new guys from Uncle Mike). He doesn't have kids and Joe and I were just talking about how different our perspectives on life and everyday living were pre-kids. I don't even remember...I really embrace getting older and feel wiser, more experienced, and more open to differences and change as I go.

Yeah me.

2 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

Happy Birthday!! I still have 9 more days to enjoy being 37...

JFM said...

Happy birthday! You are amazing. Enjoy your day.