*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall DVR

My DVR is completely packed right now. Fall is when I feel like a complete loser. At least over the summer and Xmas time it's only premium channel shows (HBO, Showtime, AMC, Starz). Now, it's all channels! Sadly, we are up to date as well...


  • Mad Men (AMC) - Just fantastic this year...Don is imploding. Not quite enough Betty for me though.
  • Boardwalk Empire (HBO) - Like it so far, but it's not completely wow-ing me yet. I'll hang in there though. I like the cast, the set design and costuming are fantastic, and it roots from Scorcese and Sopranos writers.
  • Dexter (Showtime) - Last year was so incredible...I couldn't wait for the opener this past Sunday and it didn't disappoint!!
  • Weeds (Showtime) - It's definitely boring me as it did last year. For some reason, I haven't stopped watching, but it's the last choice on any given night.
  • Eastbound & Down (HBO) - Should have started I think - I have to check that it taped. Great show. Trashy, but solid.
  • Sons of Anarchy (FX) - In my top 3 - Love this show and it's been pretty exciting so far this year.
  • Modern Family (ABC) - Good first episode!
  • 30 Rock (NBC) - Good first episode!
  • Office (NBC) - I watched this right after 30 Rock and had to admit that 30 Rock was ten times funnier. The Office is seriously waning. More Daryl, Kelly Kapur, and Dwight please.
  • How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - I watch this on my own, so I have to find time to squeeze this in when Joe isn't home. I think I might have missed the last few eps last year.
  • Grey's Anatomy (CBS) - Same here...I did watch the season opener when Joe was out the other night after watching last years finale just a week ago. Wow. Intense. This is totally a guilty pleasure. It's really such a soap opera.
  • the League (FX) - This was pretty funny. A few people have recommended it so we watched it. Joe gets more of it since it's about Fantasy Football, but I like it too.

Taped, but just not interested in starting:

  • Rubicon (AMC) - Seemed interesting, but I just haven't pulled the trigger.
  • Terriers (FX) - Because it was on FX I taped it, but I guess I just don't care.

I'll probably delete both.

Got to get out to see The Town ASAP!!

No comments: