*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Braised Leek, Garlic Scape, and Camembert Pizza

What to do with Garlic Scapes?  Use them like scallions, I've read.  I had some leeks and camembert as well so pizza it is.  Made this a few nights ago after the kids went to bed before a dough I had went bad.  So delicious.  First, I sauteed the leeks in olive oil and butter and then braised them in chicken broth for a good 20 minutes.  Then, I assembled the pizza with pesto on the bottom, some mozzarella, the leeks, some camembert slices and sprinkled the top with chopped scapes and parmesean.  Bake for 10 minutes and TA-DA!  Delicious pizza for snacking while setting up my 20+ series passes on my new Verizon Fios system installed that day!  Good thing I wrote them down before we unplugged the old DVR.  Goodbye, TiVO.  I have loved you and will miss you.

No comments: