*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, July 8, 2011

Museum of Fine Arts

A few weeks ago, when my mom was up visiting, we went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to see the Chihuly blown glass exhibit.  It was mind-blowingly beautiful.  I attempted to use my shitty iPhone camera to capture it.


This statue of a baby with it's eyes closed is called Night.  There is another on the other side of the new entrance called Day with eyes opened.  Cool and Freaky at the same time.


Serene Japanese Garden outside of the new wing of the MFA.


This Chilhuly piece had something like 2,500 parts that are assembled in a different way every time it is put up.  Amazing...


She insisted she didn't like the MFA and was bored, but in reality, we sat down in front of one piece for a good 10-15 minutes discussing what we liked/didn't like, what the parts resembled, etc.  She loved it.



Shelagh had me take a picture of her in front of EVERY sculpture.  She doesn't ask about them later, but she wants it all documented.
 
There was so much more - a room where the blown glass was in the ceiling above you with backlighting and a clear glass "floor".  You could lay down on the floor and just stare at it for hours...there had to be thousands of sculptures in there.  There was a whole room of "chandeliers" - each one a different color, shape, drop from the ceiling. 
 
Just beautiful...I haven't been to the MFA since before Joe and I were married and it's changed immensely.  New wing, new restaurants, new layouts.  The exhibit was amazing, but I'm so glad to have been back to the museum itself.  I will return again soon, maybe with Rory this time.
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: