*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, August 8, 2011

Update

I really haven't been blogging much lately.  Don't think I've talked much or emailed anyone either.  Everything is good, just swamped.  Not even watching much TV - nothing is on.  True Blood is getting to be too annoying; Entourage sucks, although I feel obligated to finish it.  Curb is pretty good still and Breaking Bad is awesome as usual.

The highlights...
  • Not cooking much, other than what I have to to keep up with the CSA bag (which means I roast or saute everything in one day and eat it myself cold over the week).  As a result, my frig is a disaster.  However, I'm on countdown to get my new freezer.  Yeah!!
  • Camping out at the pool
  • Prepping for vaca and Rory starting school on the 23rd of August!  (School supply shopping was fun!)
  • Demo being done for bathroom renovation project so no shower in my house from now until Labor Day (p.u.)
  • Basement/Furnace Room completely cleared out for bathroom project access and pile of "yard sale" stuff accumulating nicely on my front porch for a projected September sale.  Unless, of course, Shelagh one by one brings everything back in.  New freezer has a happily reserved space.
  • Slammed at work
  • Having warts removed, fillings filled, haircuts and deep conditioning treatments to remove the massive amounts of chlorine.
  • Finished swim team; continuing tennis lessons with much improvement.
  • Kelly is officially swimming face down, blowing bubbles, and jumping off of the diving board. 
  • Prepping for a couple family visits over the next few weeks (w/out a shower and only 1 toilet)
While I do not want the summer to end, I think I'm ready for school to begin.  Shelagh & Rory are fighting non-stop and have too much time on their hands.  Then, of course, I'll have to get all the activities in order and figure out how we're going to handle my big kids being in different schools.

Did I mention Rory is going to a charter school a town over from us while Shelagh is still in the town public elementary near our house?  Very exciting opportunity for him (and possibly for her in the future).  He's mostly pumped for his uniform.  He's been walking around with his PJ's and his new reversible belt on top and tucking in his shirt to practice.

Back to work...

3 comments:

Greenstylemom said...

Your summer sounds eerily similar to mine...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finally starting the renovation! I don't envy you though with the mess, but it'll all be worth it in the end! I will eagerly be awaiting pictures of Rory in his uniform!
Love to you, Joe & the kids..
Aunt Harlee ♥

JFM said...

Sounds busy! I'm jealous Kelly is swimming...how did you get that to happen. We have lessons again (did them last year) starting in September. Hoping that makes it happen.