*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of 2nd Grade

Over the last few weeks Shelagh found out that NONE of her good friends would be in her class this year.  She kept positive though and, as expected, she has a nice collection of friends from K and other activities that she now has an opportunity to develop friendships with.  She likes her teacher and has been up and ready for school before I get out of bed for 3 days in a row.  This is unheard of in Shelagh's world...I take this as a really good sign and will choose to forget the world class meltdown that occurred 2 nights before the 1st day.  All is good in 2nd grade.  I buckled on my no dance and gymnastics at the same time rule and now Shelagh will have Dance all year for the 4th year, gymnastics for a couple of months, soccer for the season, and Brownies twice a month.  It's a whirl of activities, but if I don't keep her busy she spends her time annoying Rory and being totally bored.  Plus if she ends up switching schools to Rory's school at some point then she'll hate me a little less, right?








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Greenstylemom said...

We had tears in our house because none of Kate's friends are in her class either. Very disappointing for her, but I'm hoping it will expand her social circle. Shelagh looks so big!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Shelagh looks so grown up in the pictures! She looks beautiful! I looks like she really does love school & is ready to go!
(Total opposite of her aunt!)
XOXOXOXO
Aunt Harlee