*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Zucchine Ripiene (Stuffed Zucchini)

These came out delicious.  Saw them in Saveur magazine and had to try them.  They were easy and just as good on day 2 as the day I made them.  I did tweak a few things from the original recipe.  I used just chopped pancetta as I didn't have any prosciutto.  I used wheat instead of white bread.  Finally, I didn't have any fresh basil or parsley so I used dried parsley only.  I have a problem buying herbs.  I grow them in the summer so they are free.  In the Fall, the ones I want to use - rosemary, thyme, sage - are still growing so I'm all set.  By Winter, I'm pissed I have to buy them, in principal, yet not pissed enough to grow them inside where I actually would have to water them. 

Next time, I'd do this by cutting the zucchini length-wise and making "boats", I think.  This is the "before" shot.  The after had tomatoes over the top and between them, but that pic came out blurry.  Again, shitty iPhone 3 camera. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone