*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, April 7, 2008

Green Updates: Websites, Cleaning Stuff, and Kitty Stuff

A few things on green...

1) I added a new website to my Blogs list called Re-Nest. These guys actually have several blogs all linked together: Apartment Therapy (design for green homes), The Kitchn (food related), ohdeedoh (design and kids), Re-nest (design for green homes), and Unplggd (home tech). I like them all, but I read Re-Nest the most. They have a post on there recently on the overabundance of phone books being delivered. In the last 2 weeks, I've received 7 new phone books from Comcast, Verizon, and a local town agency. It's insane! I recycled them all and opted out from Verizon so far. Re-Nest posted about this organization that helps you opt out of the phone directory list.

2) I got some free loot from Method, the eco-cleaning product company. They are found in Target, amongst other places, and have both scented and unscented products. I have an aversion to scenting in products - both home and cosmetic - so I appreciate this. I'll let you know how they are after I clean on Wednesday!

3) I found biodegradable kitty box liners at Petco and they seem to work just as well (ie the cats haven't popped their nails threw them or pulled them out of place thereby peeing directly into the cat box). I'm sure they've been out there for quite some time, but I never go into big pet stores so I haven't noticed. I'm having a problem with one of our cats peeing/pooping out of the box (it's so gross and I'll post about it later. Suffice it to say that the cat almost met her demise last week and somehow her cute little face and snuggly demeanor saved her yet again). It's been going on for about a year now and I'm insane over it. The vet suggested setting up MANY cat boxes with all different litters and letting her choose, so that's what I did. I went to Petco and got 2 new boxes (that's 4 total) and 3 different litters. She hasn't gone outside of the boxes in 8 days. Fingers crossed. They suggest cleaning the box(es) twice per day but who the hell has time for that???

No comments: