*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Forced into Buying Fruit Loops

Rory's school requested 100 fruit loops for a necklace project to celebrate the 100 days of school. How pissed was I that I had to buy a box of fruit loops? Shelagh, on the other hand, was pumped. I dislike waste more than sugar cereals so she got to finish the box. Joe delicately sprinkled a thin layer on top of his Rice Chex, which just cracked me up. It made her week...I might take a note from my friend, LP's grandmother, and wrap a box of sugar cereal for under the Xmas tree. It's cheap and it goes over well!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

LauraHelen said...

I spent most of my summer vacations at my aunt's house. One week during the summer, she'd declare "junk cereal week" and we'd all get to pick our favorite junk cereal. When it was gone, it was gone, but we loved that week!!

When I got older, I went to summer camp for 4 weeks. My mom missed grocery shopping with me and every time she went, she bought a box of peanut butter captain crunch, which she always said "no" to when I asked.

I rarely buy it for myself now that I'm an adult, but when I'm a little homesick, I'll pick up a box and it makes me smile. (Of course, after a bowl or two I can't stand it!! lol)

Vicki J said...

Crush 'em up ~ use the crumbs as a treat (a/k/a bribe?) to top yogurt, frosted cupcakes (a/k/a muffins), etc. ~ it's your duty as a responsible parent to deceive your kids now and then (for their own good!) ~{:o)

PopMom said...

Thanks, Mom!!

Also, I'm liking the junk cereal week. I was hoping the Fruit Loops would force Rory to try cereal, but no. Alas, he has decided he doesn't like cereal and that's that. Maybe if they came out with Star Wars cereal he'd change his mind...