*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kelly 9 Months


Warning: Mom-Boasting to follow...
I can't believe she is 9 months old already. And, a genius to boot. Yes, she is a brilliant baby. Here's where we are...

  • Food: She's eating all sorts of things and despite a few occasions where she has literally spit food out at and on me, she's pretty open to everything so far. Some of the fare she's been enjoying other than the pureed veggies and fruits...
  1. Yogurt
  2. Pastina
  3. Mashed Potatoes
  4. Fish
  5. Refried Beans
  6. Toast
  7. fresh Mozzarella cheese
  8. Pancakes
  9. Scrambled Eggs/Matzo Brie (I know, she's too young, but I was eating them and they are soft so I went for it)
  10. Ground Turkey
  • Sleep: She is still not sleeping through the night and it's KILLING ME! My fault...I continue to nurse her at night and haven't muscled through some serious Ferber. That is going to have to change soon. Who has the energy though, really.

  • Movement: She is army crawling all over the place. She can spin her self around, roll across the floor, get across a room in seconds...all on her forearms. She will get up onto all fours, but no movement from that position yet. She is sitting up, but too often topples over still so I don't leave her like that too much. Rory had the same experience, but I just figured he was too chubby to stay upright!

  • Play: She loves to clap and whenever one of the kids claps, she repeats it. She can do Pat-a-Cake including the clapping and rolling parts. She also follows all the hand movements with her eyes like she's trying to figure it out. She loves to tilt her head to the side as if being coy which is just adorable. She will mimic sounds back and forth with you. She is CONSTANTLY laughing and smiling. Seriously, the happiest baby. She loves being tickled especially in the neck, belly, and thighs. If you ask her where someone is, she will turn and look at them.

2 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

So cute! How in the world is she already 9 months old?!?

PopMom said...

Kristen, did you get my email? I lost your e-address and guessed it - it didn't bounce back!