*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book: The Hunger Games

By Suzanne Collins. I cannot recommend this book any more. It was FANTASTIC! It's a Young Adult book that I had read a review about. I actually finished it in about 3-4 sittings which is dramatic for me these days.

It takes place in the future where the US doesn't exist anymore. In it's place is the Capitol and 12 districts. To pay the people back for trying to revolt, the Capitol forces them to participate in the Hunger Games every year. Each district sends a boy and a girl b/w 12 and 18 to compete to the death. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I'd love to see this made into a movie with some kick-ass no-name actors. It could be like the Outsiders of our day propelling multiple stars into movie making.

If you like an original story, suspense, action, relationship stories, then read this ASAP. There is a follow up book that I'm going to get, but I have to read The Help first.

No comments: