*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kelly Belly

It's hard to look at this sweet little face and think anything other than a perfect little angel.  She has been such an easy kid.  Not fussy.  Sleeps mostly well - naps easily, if she gets up early in the AM she'll come into bed with us and go back to sleep.  Is empathetic...always checking in on everyone else.  Poor thing had a LONG week of strep.  Both she and Shelagh were diagnosed on Tuesday.  She took her antibiotics for 2 days and then decided that she'd had it with medicine of all kind - antibiotics and ibuprofen - thereby causing her fever to linger for days.  I tried everything I could think of including offering her ice cream for breakfast to hide the medicine (if you know me you have to know how desperate I was to sink to this level).  I also decided to just squirt it in her mouth and kind of force her to take it, which backfired when she puked all over me. 

Finally, I had the Dr change her prescription to chewable pills which I've been chopping up and disolving in her milk ever since.  Are we really not far enough in modern medicine to have invented a single shot or a very concentrated once a day for a couple of days dose of antibiotics?  Really?  She was still icky on Sunday and Monday was her first semi-normal day.  She is also getting 2 of her 2-year molars.  I am hoping that one of these 2 health drama's is what is causing her to be a complete and total pain in the ass.  Whining, screaming, clinging to me like glue, hijacking naps and bedtime, refusing anything to eat but toast, asking for help and then screaming when it's offered, insisting on sleeping with me with her arms wrapped incredibly tightly around my neck (ok, this was actually cute and I was in heaven staring at her super cute sleeping angel face even while Mildred Pierce Part 3 was on pause downstairs waiting for me to return).  Could this be terrible two's?  My other 2 had terrible 4's instead so I'm really not mentally prepared for terrible 2's.  Oy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...poor baby. I had a sad face reading this. :(
I hope both the girls are feeling better soon. Kelly looks so sad.

Hugs & kisses to all the kids.

Love you....
Aunt Harlee

Greenstylemom said...

so sad! I hope she is back to her self soon. My two had terrible 3's (and 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s...) but they were super cute at 2.