*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Love Steak & Cheese

I just inhaled a "small" for lunch and I'm totally regretting it. It sounded so good and so much more satisfying then the Greek Salad I was intending to get at the local House of Pizza. But, then I smelled the grease and that was that. I haven't had a S & C in so long and I just decided to go for it.

The worst part was that it wasn't even that good. It wasn't terrible, but the cheese to meat proportions were ALL WRONG! I should have known better. I always order extra cheese with my burritos. Also, I don't like when they lay the cheese on the bread and just let the meat melt it. It's much better when it's all chopped up with the meat on the grill. I'm not from Philly and I'm no expert, but this I know. People, 2 little slices of cheese are NOT ENOUGH for a small sub. Enough said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can someone open Kountry Kart in Boston??

Bob's in Medford has great steak and cheese and other subs. We can get take out from there when we visit some time.
http://web.mac.com/rdigiorgio/bobsfoodintro/Home.html

PopMom said...

Thank you, anonymous UVM friend :) Aaahhhh, the days of Kountry Kart. I will definitely check out Bobs! Although, it will be hard to not keep driving into Somerville for Annas Taqueria.

Anonymous said...

posting a comment (per the plea)...
it just feels like the right thing to do rather than secretly look through this window into your life. I have you bookmarked on my iPhone and find myself reading about Rory's picky eating or Shelagh's favorite hairdo. What can I say? You're funny and a good writer. You've even filled in in the bathroom in the absence of my wife's US magazines.
Now down to business. As we know, I know how to eat (or at least KNEW how to eat) and your big mistake in that sub shop was not ordering a steak bomb! A delicious explosion of bad steak, cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Bob's in Medford...anything there is yummy! On another note....have you been to recipe girl's blog/site?
http://therecipegirl.blogspot.com/
I met her while on vacation this week. She was taking pictures of her dinner on the beach! I thought of you.....