*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sharing a Room

I mentioned earlier that we ended up skipping Rorys nap on Wednesday (with disastrous results). The reason he hijacked the nap was because I decided to let both kids nap in Shelaghs room in the bunk beds. They basically begged me. Rory still sleeps in a crib, but it wasn't the bed I was worried about. He's slept fine in a bed before. It was the 2 of them together behind closed doors when Shelagh doesn't want to be napping to begin with. Well, over the monitor I hear "Stop talking, buddy. I'm trying to sleep". Seriously. Rory was chatting away and wouldn't stop and Shelagh was trying to rein him in. I went up there a good 4 times before I separated them. I put him in my bed and then Shelagh figured it out and came in so we tried together in my room. Same result. I gave up and took them to Costco instead. In came the inevitable meltdown by Rory who was exhausted. Despite having a million snacks while we walked through the store (he wolfed down everything they were displaying...it was pretty funny actually), he was a mess, as the lovely woman in line behind me pointed out. Thank you for updating me that my son was tired. Then I pushed my luck and took them to Old Navy to get PJs and in comes Shelaghs meltdown. How could they not have the rainbow PJs in her size???? Ahh, the devastation.

The kids will probably share a room for awhile at some point in the future. I dread that transition.

1 comment:

nicole said...

so i checked out the blog. It is very fun to read although i felt a little like I was spying on yoyr family. I had to post on this one to let you know it will work. Nap is the worst time to test it out. nightime with the whole routine of bed makes it work, mostly. (caitlin and ryan are right now asleep in the top!) caitlin naps in my room( or puts on my clothes) hope to see you soon