*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cat Problem Persists

So, Squeaky has been in a cage for almost 2 weeks now and it just sucks. Lickey was left out b/c I don't think she was peeing, but I have since discovered that she is the poop culprit. I am officially fed up and unable to "retrain them". My neighbor is trying to help me find a home for them. After vacation, I decided I just can't handle this along with the 2 kids and baby. It's terrible...I've had these cats since they were kittens 11 years ago and I feel so irresponsible trying to find them a new home. Truth is, most of the shelters won't take senior cats and the ones that do are full and not taking new animals. The average life span for cats is something like 20+ years. No can do. I'm trying to hold on long enough to get them a home, but it's hard to give away cats that are ignoring their litter box and can't be let outside b/c they are declawed. At least Shelagh doesn't even like them...Rory, on the other hand, keeps telling me that Lickey is his favorite cat and has taken to hugging her and snuggling her. Ugh.

No comments: