*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Charlottes Web

We did a family movie night last night and Shelagh wanted to see Charlottes Web. It's been a really long time since I've read it and I hadn't seen the recent movie. I knew Charlotte died, but I guess I didn't give much thought to how she'd react to it. I'm usually the one that cries in movies...Shelagh didn't seem to have hit that age yet where it affected her like that. I cry at the end of Cars when Lightning McQueen pushes Mr the King over the finish line. I cry during Nemo when Nemo and his dad are reunited (we skip the first scene when Mom is brutually inhaled). You get the point.

So, of course I cried during the movie a few times and Shelagh started her lip quivering. By the end, she was trying with all her might not to cry but she kept asking me why Charlotte died. Once I pulled myself together, I kept trying to focus her on what good friends they all were and how Wilbur and Templeton helped all of Charlottes babies and all that. Didn't work. I had to snuggle her in bed and really help her fall asleep, the poor thing. I guess I'm at the point where I need to pay closer attention to even the G rated, kids movies. My bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have yet to watch that one with the girls. Craig was gone this weekend and I watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" (on HBO) late Friday night. Sobbing....sobbing....when Ruth dies. It gets me everytime.