*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall 2008 TV Schedule

I've really cut down on my TV watching this summer. We're only watching Weeds and Mad Men and that's it!!! For anyone that knows me, this is monumental. I'd like to say it's because I've opted to do more cultured things, my husband and I are spending more quality time playing cards and games, and I'm reading like crazy. But, alas, those reasons are not true. The truth is the writers strike really screwed me. What used to be a lovely spattering of shows throughout the year is now a clusterf*&^ of crap in 2 nights almost all at once. It's really going to be survival of the fittest. I just reviewed the Fall 2008 TV Schedule on the Futon Critic site and it's going to be tight.


On regular TV,
The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs, ER, and Greys. Thankfully, Heroes, Lost and a few others don't start until Winter. I think I'm dropping Private Practice...it was kind of corny anyway.


On cable,
Dexter, Entourage, True Blood, and the Shield. Starter Wife is starting again on USA, but I think I'm stretched too thin and will have to skip that one. I'm just relieved that Big Love and Curb Your Enthusiasm have Winter starts now!! True Blood is the new HBO show about vampires. I know I seem a little obsessed with Vampires lately, with the reading of the Twilight books, but the guy that created Six Feet Under is doing this show so it's a must try in my book.


Yes, it's pathetic the volume I watch in a given week. In our defense, 4 of the 9 shows are 1/2 hour (which is 20+ mins w/out commercials) and the remaining 5 shows are closer to 40+ minutes without commercials. That's not a rationalization, is it??? Good thing Joe and I like mostly the same shows. He does not watch Greys and I try to avoid sports with all my might. Thank GOD for the DVR. All my network shows are on Thursday night and all my cable shows are on Sunday night, so the DVR helps me spread everything out over the week.

No comments: