*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, August 1, 2008

Pork Dumplings

Always something I wanted to try...Those wonton wrappers at the store always make me think of Chinese dumplings or Gyoza which I LOVE. I saw this easy recipe in Cookie Magazine and decided to give them a try. The pork mixture took minutes to make and then Shelagh helped me seal them up after I put the pork mixture on the wrapper. It was a little challenging not overstuffing them. I made them a few weeks ago and then froze them to cook later. Since we had some friends over on Wednesday night I decided to try them out. I happened to have one of those bamboo steamers my mom gave me way back when (which I have never used). Other than not realizing that I boiled off the water before my 2nd batch was done, the process was easy and they came out really yummy. The sauce on the side was equal parts rice vinegar and soy sauce with a squirt of lime juice I had leftover from the lime sesame rice I had made. Would definitely make them again for a party appetizer.

No comments: