*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings Time: A Nightmare for Parents of Young Kids

I was very nervous about DST this year with Rory being newly transitioned into Shelaghs room and into a bed. He's already an early riser, but he's doing great obeying the "New Room Rules". Seriously though, he sometimes wakes up in the 5's and lays there...that would be the 4's now. Luckily, we were at a friends birthday party on Saturday late and he didn't nap on Saturday (this has only happened one other day ever for him! he totally needs his nap). We didn't get home until 4pm, so Joe took him golfing to keep him going until bed time. The poor kid barely got a few bites of dinner in and was begging for bed time. I reset the clocks Sat night so my kids were in bed at 6pm. I just couldn't hold them out any longer between exhaustion from Halloween, the party we had come from, and WAY too many sweets on Friday and Saturday.

I had turned down the monitor accidentally and I slept 8 hours in a row without being interrupted! They didn't wake up Sunday AM until 630am, which was fine with me where neither had woken up the night before and I had actually gone to bed at a decent hour. I couldn't believe it. We went out to the local greasy joint for breakfast and the TV in there was turned to Little Einsteins. I actually got to drink 1+ cups of coffee uninterrupted!! GLORY! Then, because they had collapsed into bed the night before, they were too tired to really eat dinner and both devoured breakfast quietly. I turned to Joe and said "This might be one of the greatest days of my life". See how little it takes?????

They woke up at 530am today though...1-2 weeks, 1-2 weeks (that's me chanting to myself that DST takes 1 to 2 weeks to adjust to for little ones)...

No comments: