*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, November 14, 2008

Some Good Recipes from Last Week

I did a lot of new recipe cooking last week before my cold set in and was happy with 3 things:

1) White Bean and Halibut Stew - From Bon Appetit last year, I substituted halibut with Orange Roughy as that was all they had and it came out so delicious. Bread for dipping is a must here and it gets thicker on Day 2. Also, as usual, I doubled the bacon and I also skipped the saffron.

2) Pork Chops in Balsamic Cherry Sauce - This was yummy and the cherries made the kids try it more willingly. Shelagh liked and Rory not so much, per usual. Also, I didn't have any bottled vinaigrette so I quickly mixed up a 1 part balsamic vinegar, 3 parts olive oil mixture with some garlic, s & p and used that instead.

3) Emeril's Turkey Roulade with Wild-Mushroom Stuffing - This was from the November Everyday Food, but it doesn't seem to be online at MSFood. The turkey breast was expensive so I wouldn't make this often, but it was good with some homemade Cranberry Sauce (cranberries, water, sugar, lemon zest although it should have been orange zest - wouldn't do lemon again).

No clue what to do for this week, but I have narrowed down my Thanksgiving Menu. Hosting for 22 this year - 10 adults and 12 kids. It's going to be close to what I did last year. I'll post on that this weekend while I organize my thoughts on scheduling everything.

No comments: