*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, November 21, 2008

Dental Hell

I try to be really good about getting my teeth cleaned. I don't have dental insurance for the first time since college; but, b/c I'm pregnant, I decided to go anyway at the 6 month mark since you tend to be more susceptible to infections and your gums are more sensitive. BIG MISTAKE! I went yesterday AM and for the rest of the day my gums were sore, but not more than usual for after a cleaning. By night, the whole left side of my face was throbbing and I finally broke down and took a Tylenol. Nothing. By midnight I wasn't sleeping and took another. Nothing. I knew I wouldn't sleep. By 1am I gave up and sat down with a heating pad on my face in front of the TV. I made it to 520am before calling the dentists emergency line, to no avail. Why the hell have an emergency line if no one is going to call you back??? I guess I'm spoiled by my pediatrician who calls back in like 2 minutes. I got through when they opened and ended up with a diagnosis of "infection" (which can't be proven b/c I can't have an X-ray). Antibiotics and Tylenol w/ Codeine. I hate to take them, but I had to today and am trying to muscle through with Oragel until bed when I'll take another. I'm so spent today...dying for a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sena I just went through dental hell myself. I have never had pain like I had from an infection in a tooth. It was awful and I sympathize with you. I threatened the dentist when I had to back that if it ruined my Thanksgiving, he would end being my turkey. I hope you feel better. love Beth