*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Guess Who Peed All Over the Potty?????

For a few weeks now Rory has been trying to pee before getting into the shower. We've been pretty casual about it since we knew this would happen around the time of the baby and didn't want to break backs to get him trained only to have him potentially revert back when the baby arrived. Nor did I want to be cleaning out accident underwear while juggling a brand new infant. In the last couple of weeks I've told Rory I had a new Tex Dinoco and Dinoco McQueen (CARS Movie, of course) for him if he could pee in the potty. The best he could muster, after a good 15 minutes each night of standing there, was to then jump in the shower and pee immediately. There is some mental block with the toilet I think.

Anyway, this morning Joe and naked Rory came running in and announced that Rory needed to poop and he wanted to do it on the potty. After a quick hustle, some flyaway squirts of pee on the floor, he DID IT!!! Joe and Shelagh and I were all hooting and hollering. The kid was so proud of himself and hasn't put down his new cars yet. He's now rooting for some of the 2nd string cars like Nitroade, Bling Bling McQueen, etc. Out comes the sticker chart!!

At which point I wondered why they don't make some kind of cone device to surround the toilet, somewhat like the cones they put on a Dogs head when they aren't supposed to lick or scratch a wound. I think this might be my calling...I could produce the boy potty-training splatter guard and be like that chick that invented the Baby Einsteins videos. You'll see me on Oprah talking about how I just bought some posterboard and laminated it and secured it with duct tape around the seat all crafty-like. And, how the rest of us had to hover for weeks until Rory learned to aim. Then, I'll revise my design to pop on/off the seat with a flip of the wrist or something. Then, I will be a millionaire.

No comments: