*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Level of Nesting

I have seriously accomplished so much in the last few weeks...I'm pretty proud of myself!

1) Attended the Kindergarten Orientation for Shelagh and organized all her registration paperwork. Hopefully I'll make it to the tours before I deliver. Our town has school choice so we have to pick 1 of 5 elementary schools for her.

2) Organized all our 2008 paperwork for taxes

3) Organized all paperwork for a refi (what a pain in the ass)

4) Everything for baby is washed and ready. The crib is ready, bassinet and pack n plays are out and supplies are stocked! Nursing stuff is ready and my bag is packed!

5) I did a last house cleaning this weekend which is taking me about 3 different days to do nowadays.

6) Bills are mostly paid for this month since I'm due on the 2nd.

7) Getting last haircut, successfully have cleared out most of my freezer to make room for my mom coming up and re-stocking it :), added TiVO software to my cable companies DVR (this is possibly the best thing EVER. I LOVE TIVO and am so happy I can have it again!), and booked our 1st vacation to Disney for the end of my maternity leave with another family (house, airfare and princess lunch).

Yeah, me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, my friend!! I'm thinking about you and hope all goes well. Can't wait to get the news about new Baby Girl Downes!!!

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Holy crap...you are taking "Type A" personality to a whole new level!! Can't wait to hear about the baby and especially the name. By the way, I can't believe Shalegh is going to kindergarten. Emily still calls her "baby Shalegh"

Keep me posted. :)Bets

Anonymous said...

wow - you are amazing. If you need anything give us a call.