*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Little Man

I cannot believe that Rory is 3. He was so excited it was his birthday and kept announcing it all day ("IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! I'M THREE!! Goodbye 2 1/2"). After a visit with his cousins in the morning, we had a little friend party in the afternoon - CARS themed, of course.

Other than free play and pizza/cake, I did a little arts & crafts table from some ideas I had gotten searching online. First and foremost, I am NOT crafty. I have good intentions (collecting pine cones, shells, etc for "projects"), but alas no follow through. I can manage to color and glue with Shelagh on a regular basis and even taught Rory how to use scissors the other day (yeah me & him!). I have VERY LITTLE artistic ability. I'm really more of a math person. Joe is the artist in the family. I found some easy stuff though and felt as Martha Stewart as I could from a craft-sense...1) make your own license plates with foam letters/numbers/cutouts, 2) color a Piston cup, 3) glue a traffic light together, and 4) color a CARS or Princess (so as not to torture the girls attending too much) mini-poster. They all seemed to like it.

Rory had a great day...I don't know how we keep getting new CARS movie stuff that he doesn't already have, but we do and it's like winning the lottery. It's seriously been a good 2 years and he loves this movie even more, if that is possible. In the last week we've accidentally seen 2 new CARS shorts (Tokyo Mater, Spanish Mater-dor) and I thought the poor kid would explode. Even when he gets duplicate cars he's just as happy as the first time. It was terrible tearing him away from his new Little Mack truck this morning.

Here's the birthday boy...


With his new instrument...

Dipping Cruisin' McQueen into his Hoodsie cup and talking to him about liking ice cream...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I can't believe he is three and Shelegh is going to Kindergarten in the fall. Love the Cars stuff. Sadie is fully into Cars. Walks around the house going "Keen" for McQueen. Its a whole new world to me and I sincerely hope she doesn't discover the Disney Princess. After Emily and Lucy, I am way over those wussy princesses. Hope you are feeling good. :)Bets