*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 30, 2009

No Baby Yet, Officially in Lazy Mode

Baby is low, I'm slightly dilated and DR thinks it will be any day now. I can't sit with my legs closed or open at this point. I'm still sleeping like a log, thank God. Not for long, I know. We all have colds - nothing major but enough so that I really want it to clear for me for pushing and for the kids so that I'm not so anxious about them being around the baby and holding her.

Nothing like sitting and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...It's taking all my strength not to just schedule induction again, but I really want to let things happen naturally for once. Anyone that knows me is shocked by this decision and amazed that I haven't buckled yet. I so want to meet her and see what she looks like and see my kids faces when we present a new baby sister to them. I think it's been so long now for them that they have no concept that an actual baby will come out and that Mommys belly will not stay like this forever (although it feels like it). I probably should have waited longer to tell them, but it was hard to keep it in :)

We have done absolutely nothing today and will continue on this path. No need to be a hero. Shelagh has dance tomorrow and a birthday party so I'll try to do those things. My parents are coming up tomorrow night which will be great. Rory has a birthday party on Sunday. I'm officially done with work and Monday is the last Kindergarten tour for the public schools (we have school choice in my town and of course tours and registration are now) and another school. I hope I make it to those so I can settle my mind about where she will be going.

The kids are watching The Wiggles, which I swore I would never introduce. Of course, they LOVE the Wiggles and keep borrowing CDs from the library and love the DVD handed down from their cousins that they spotted before I could siphon it out. I'm cruel, I know. I guess they aren't as annoying as I thought. It's worth it to see Rory rock out and sing along.

No comments: