*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 23, 2009

No, I've Not Gone into Labor...

Just been hustling to get stuff done before baby arrives...Here's what has been going on:
  1. I'm 1-2 cm dilated and baby is low, but she has a little further to go. Dr doesn't think I'll go early, and I haven't gone early before, but he thinks I'm on target for around due date, which is 2/2. I'm SO ready to meet her, start my maternity leave, and welcome this change into our family!!
  2. Work is wrapping up and while I was going to work all 3 days this coming week, I think I'll bag Thursday and try to finish Monday and Tuesday.
  3. Rory has been in preschool for 2 weeks now and is doing great! He loves that Shelaghs school is his school now too. Despite having some weepy drop offs, he has adjusted so well and his teachers are happy he came into the room before the other new kids from the younger class move up next week. He is the only one new to the school so he was able to get some special attention.
  4. I'm hoping his friends in class using the potty will rub off on him and his teachers will really help him. I'm being VERY lazy on potty training since baby is about to arrive and he is just 3 anyway. I know boys and girls are very different about this but I have much less drive to get him trained. While it would be nice to stop diapers for him, I just don't have it in me right now to have him try every 1/2 hour like we did with Shelagh. Besides, he stands there for like 20 mins b/c he thinks now he'll get new cars when he pees REGARDLESS of whether he has to go or not. My fault :)
  5. Shelagh is so hooked on drawing and art right now. It's great on several fronts...mostly b/c she really focuses on it and spends time thinking about colors and designs and also b/c it lets her work independently on something and frees up some time for me to do stuff while Rory naps.

I have some cooking stuff to post too...

No comments: