*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What the Hell do I Feed this Kid????

I've been seriously over-posting cute pics of Kelly lately. Who would know she was a third kid??? I'm still as psycho about compulsively photographing my kids!!

The obligatory Black Bean Face picture I've taken of all 3 kids. It's one of the only things she'll eat these days.

Doesn't she look so big sitting up properly on a stool?

The VERY short list of food that Kelly will eat these days...certainly my most food-challenged kid yet. Nothing drives me more crazy, I might add. She definitely knows it too.

Will Eat
  • MILK - by the gallon (or so her diaper tells me)
  • Toast (like Father, like all Children)
  • Pancakes (Another common thread through my kids. I always prefer savory over sweet for breakfast, but I guess on my own with this one)
  • Yogurt (any flavor, any brand, any time, any place...you just can't spoon it in fast enough)
  • Cheese (she seems to like Cheddar, Swiss and Havarti so far. I'm trying to steer clear of American - JUST BECAUSE)
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Black Beans
  • Pasta w/ Red Sauce & Parm or w/ Butter & Parm, but only small shapes like stars, pastina, orzo and the like
  • Rice (lots of varieties so far - white, brown, yellow, spiced, etc)
  • French Fries
  • Fish (Haddock or Cod go over well...I should try Salmon probably)
  • Pretzels, Cookies, Crackers

Carbs, carbs, carbs...

Sometimes Will Eat (if she thinks I'm not looking and if Miss Queenie is in the mood)

  • Turkey
  • Salami (but only the Hebrew National Beef soft kind cut up small)
  • Eggs
  • Oatmeal
  • Muffins (but has been known to dig out berries, etc)

Will not Eat and will definitely THROW

  • Cereal
  • Ham
  • Meat (Chicken, Beef, Pork, etc)
  • Vegetables of any sort, color, texture (she managed to spot a single broccoli floret buried in a mouthful of pasta and dug it out)
  • Ice Cream (I think the cold bothers her)
  • Fruit of any sort (SERIOUSLY!). I manage to get applesauce (if it's not cold) and baby food fruit in there sometimes.
  • Mashed Potatoes

Oh, she's also teething all 4 molars right now. So, maybe this is all a big "Screw You" and she'll be fine when they are in. Oh wait, then she'll be teething all the eye teeth so forget that.

No comments: