*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Simplest Potato & Leek Braise and Leek Confit

Instead of making Potato & Leek soup, I decided to try the Simplest Potato & Leek Braise from Molly Stevens All About Braising (might be my favorite cookbook). I found this typed up in someones random cooking blog (see link). It came out WONDERFUL! Rory, Joe and I all liked it. Shelagh, not so much. Kelly through it (but that doesn't mean anything, she throws everything).

With the leftover leeks, I made Leek Confit from Molly Wizenburg who writes for Bon Appetit and writes an awesome blog, Orangette. SUPER-easy. Not sure what I'll use it for...maybe I'll take this with the Jammy tomato-onion sauce and make a bruschetta variety dish for me and Joe one night. Hmmm. I also still have lots of mushrooms duxelles (hopefully it's still good). Maybe I'll make a variety of egg dishes or pastas.

No comments: