*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Slow-Roasted Tomatoes

My second attempt at slow-roasting tomatoes worked out much better! This time I used a recipe I found online for Slow Roasted Tomatoes Kalyn's Way. I did 2 trays at once and it ended up taking about 8 hours. They had such a rich, deep flavor. They shrunk down to nothing and I ended up with 4 half-pint jars. I sealed them with a water bath for 85 minutes so they should last months now. Good thing they shrink down b/c I have a good 15 more huge tomatoes to preserve. I could try whole tomatoes I guess.

Beginning After 2 hrs

After 6 hrs At end after 8 hrs

1 comment:

Kalyn Denny said...

Lucky you to have all those tomatoes! I'm glad you liked how they turned out. I love those roasted tomatoes to use in the winter, but this year I haven't had nearly enough tomatoes.