*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, June 13, 2011

2011 CSA - Preseason & Week 1 - Spring Veggies, Greens & Strawberries

Last year I split a CSA share from a farm about 20 mins away with a friend.  I loved this farm and the share, but was tired of driving up to get it when there is a great share program in my town.  Now, I'm doing a single vegetable and family fruit share and I'm so excited.  I got a family fruit share from these guys last year in addition to the CSA and we ripped through the fruit and I was SO jealous of the veggies when I picked up.  Glad to get it all from one place.

So far I've had a PreSeason special order and Week 1:

Pre-Season
  • 1 lb asparagus- roasted
  • 1 lb rhubarb - muffins
  • 1 lb fiddlehead ferns (I love these) - sauteed & made soup
  • dozen eggs
Week 1
  • Broccoli
  • Lettuce - salad
  • Collards
  • 2 lbs Rhubarb - what the hell will i do with 2 lbs???
  • Quart Strawberries - ate them in the car on the way home
  • dozen eggs
Plus, I planted a TON of lettuce in my garden.  Thanks to the rain we've had, it's more than flourishing.  Hello, daily salads.

2 comments:

Greenstylemom said...

yum, yum, yum! And our family can never get enough fruit. It is crazy how much of it we eat this time of year! The lettuce in my garden has just started sprouting this week. Hoping for some homegrown salads soon.

JFM said...

I have no idea what fiddlehead fern is but it all sounds amazing! Wish I could cook when I read your entries.