*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally, SUN!

The only thing missing from our weekend was Joe (who has been happily golfing in Ireland with his buddies).  Also, if I had had even 30 seconds of free time I might have picked up my camera and gotten pictures, but alas I did not.

We've had
  1. FUN & FRIENDSHIP (pool is open and hanging with the pool gangs has begun)
  2. COMFORT (thank you, fantastic hot and sunny weather finally)
  3. ADVENTURE (van landing on top of Boulder - see previous muffin post - and extraction damage-free!)
  4. SLEEP (exhausted children who don't get out of pool ALL day sleep well!)
  5. ENTERTAINMENT (go Kung Fu Panda 2 to break the pool time up and give us a quiet and dark reprieve from the intense excitement of the summer beginning)
  6. MOMMY-TIME (well planned babysitter during Joe's time away to give me a little Ladies Night at a lovely restaurant in Boston)
Have also discovered...
  1. Kelly has 2 top molars that are already poking out on top that I had no idea about.  PRAYING that this explains her newly displayed strong will that is driving me up a wall.  Also, her 5am waking.
  2. That not sitting down for 3 days straight b/c I'm chasing Kelly around the pool and trying to get her not to escape and jump in the big pool without me is not good for my feet.
  3. That Shelagh is bored of me and after 4 days in the pool, I've only swam with her for 2 minutes one of those days.  BOOOOOO.  We spent a half hour last night snuggled in bed giggling together b/c I feel like I haven't even seen this kid!
  4. That Rory, although swimming most capably without his bubble this year, exhausts himself in the water until his behavior has gotten truely rotten.  I was hoping to be able to exert most of my energy with Kelly and not also manning Rory-ville for "bad kid at the pool" crap.  We have instituted a required hourly break time out of the pool for him.  Also, he lost his Leapster for 2 weeks for a) walking out of the bathroom naked, b) yelling at another kid for playing with his torpedos, c) squirting adults in the face with his water gun, and d) screaming in my face for trying to get him to fix items a), b), and c).
Thank God Joe's trip is coming to an end!!  Also, I miss  him.  Next time, he better get International service on his phone so I can complain to him directly and send him pictures of the van on top of a rock.  I guess that's why he didn't get International service on his phone.  Hmmmm...

No comments: