*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011 CSA - Week 4 - Scapes, Bok Choy, Raspberries!

I traded pick up days with a friend last week and forgot to pick up - Newman.  It gets donated to the food pantry at least.  No picture from this week...
  1. Baby Bok Choy
  2. Head of Red Leaf Lettuce (I'm not a fan of June lettuce bombardment.  I love salad, but hate making it, plus making dressing, plus cutting a million veggies)
  3. Scapes
  4. Sugar Snap Peas - YEAH!
  5. Swiss Chard - Mom sauteed my last bunch with smashed garlic and melted anchovy - it was heavenly so I'll do that again (hopefully!)
  6. Qt Strawberries
  7. Pt Raspberries
Got a case of the most beautiful strawberries for jam-making last week.  They were so ripe, I had to stay up that night and hull 6 Qts of the 8 I got.  It took a while and stained my hands, but then I froze the chopped berries for a couple of days and jammed at night after the kids went to bed.  I got 18 jars I think. 

Ordering Raspberries and Blueberries for a batch of Mixed Berry jam.  At least you don't have to prep those berries...

No comments: