*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

White Sangria

We had a family party for Shelagh and her 3 cousins that have birthdays around the same time at our place yesterday.  I opted to order in for the food (with mediocre results) and only made the White Sangria.  I got a new beverage dispenser at Costco and wanted to put something in it for the party.  It was simple recipe from Martha Stewart online that I modified and was GREAT.  I seriously drank it all day, but never caught even a little buzz!  I'd add some vanilla vodka next time.

I also:
  • Used plums in place of apricots
  • Used Pinot Grigio to make this a white sangria
  • Used Grand Marnier for the liquor with the fruit
  • Used white grape juice instead of orange juice - 1/3 of it I froze in a bundt pan to use as the ice and the rest I just poured in.
  • Added in a can of Sprite

No comments: