*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, December 1, 2008

Long, Sick Week & More to Go

As soon as my dental issue started to clear up, Shelagh came down with a super high temperature and what turned into a week-long unexplained virus. She was up every night for an hour or longer multiple times with 103+ at night and totally lethargic during the day. She really had no other symptoms other than an upset stomach too. She wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink much, barely would do the popsicle thing, and still wouldn't nap (although on her worst day she did pass out on the sofa which might have been a first for her). They tested her for everything and all came back negative, thankfully. By Friday/Saturday, she was totally back to normal.

Just in time for Rory to get it this weekend as I was sort of expecting in the back of my mind. I was just hoping he'd cross over with her a bit and not have us go through this 2 full weeks in a row. His temp hit 104.5 last night and I almost freaked out. It came down and I'm home with him today. He seems to be a bit of a better patient, drinking lots of fluids, still eating, happy to rest in bed or on the couch, watching Cars for the 100th time, etc. Our family Xmas celebration with my family is this weekend and I'm hoping he clears his bout by Thursday so we can head out as planned.


By the way, I couldn't be more STIR CRAZY! Between me being sick, Shelagh, Thanksgiving, and now Rory, I've been at home for most of the last 9 days and I'm going INSANE! I actually really want to go to work just to get out and change the scenery!

No comments: