*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catching Up

So, I've been home mostly these last few weeks and not doing much other than trying to keep up with my house and kids, getting acclimated to having an infant in the house, and feeling guilty that I haven't posted anything on my blog. I haven't been cooking too much as my mom thoroughly stocked my frig and freezer. I haven't even broken into the freezer food yet...still digging out of the frig. Here's what we've been doing...
  • Registered Shelagh for Kindergarten (wow)
  • Birthday parties and play dates for the big kids (thank you, friends)
  • Dr appts for Kelly (she weighs over her birth weight now and no jaundice despite a painful beginning of nursing for me. yeah!)
  • Family visits to meet Kelly and play with Shelagh and Rory (thank you, nieces, for being my mothers helpers yesterday during school vaca week)
  • Working on all the pictures I've been taking (a million) & birth announcements
  • Cleaning the house (yes, I've done it once)
  • Dance & Swim classes for Shelagh. Registering Rory for swim and a mixed sports class he'll do on Saturdays with Joe.
  • Catching up on the massive amounts of TV we taped that we got behind on when my mom was here and I was passing out at 8pm. I think we're only 1-3 episodes behind as of last night. (In case you are wondering...we are taping a ton right now - Big Love which is AWESOME this season; Flight of the Conchordes which is also great this year; Top Chef; Lost; The Office; 30 Rock; ER where I'm counting days to the return of Clooney; Damages; and Fringe. I think that's it for shows we watch together. I'm also watching Greys and have been taping How I Met Your Mother on Lifetime where they are showing the whole series starting at Season 1. What a great show!). I'll post separately on my TV thoughts. I have lots of them right now. Trying my hardest not to watch too much daytime TV since I'm home now with Kelly and it makes me feel like a person with less than normal intelligence.

I have a few cooking things to post and some pics of Kelly and the kids coming soon...

No comments: