*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Introducing...


Kelly Bryce born on Wednesday 2/4/09 and weighing in at a whopping 7 lbs 10 oz. I guess that's not whopping, but I'm only 5 feet tall and that's huge for me and my biggest baby so far! Delivery went well overall. Labor was manageable and then I decided to go for the epidural and good thing I did. As it is only the left side really kicked in...the right side was still pins and needly and I felt a little more than I would have liked. Once end labor kicked in it REALLY kicked in and she pretty much sailed down. She didn't fly out but no complaints...A little bit of pushing and out she came quickly.
Joe is like man in charge around the house which is great. My parents are here and taking care of the food and playing with the kids and making them feel special. Shelagh and Rory seem to be ok with her being around so far. Shelagh decided to hold her once yesterday and once today which was cool. Rory keeps updating her on things ("Kelly, look, it's dark outside!"). She is nursing like a CHAMP much to my breasts chagrin. However, she decided to not sleep for her first night at home and nurse in 5 minute intervals. Fingers crossed for a better night tonight! I did squeeze in a nap today but I cannot do this every day...God help me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all!! She is beautiful and I love her name!
The Kuczeks

Anonymous said...

Sena & Joe (& kids!)
Congrats on the new addition - she is adorable! Time to convert to a zone defense! Justine & Shawn & Jack

Anonymous said...

Sena & Joe,
Congrats on a great new addition to your family. She is adorable!
Hope to see you soon.
Kara & Bill

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sena!!! She's a cutie and I can't wait to meet her. Hope you're sleeping better!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!! We are here to give you the lowdown on three. All the best.
Betsy & Craig