*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spinach Pasta w Anchovies & Leeks

No, I don't eat whole anchovies...ew. However, I love them blended in with things like Caeser dressing, flavored butters and melted into sauces. Under the topic of "using up food in my frig without wasting and tossing too much" in conjunction with "only having the inclination and energy to cook very fast dinners after childbirth", I invented a new pasta that came out really yummy.
I sauteed 4 anchovies rolled around capers in some olive oil until they melted down (what else would you use these for???). I added 2 sliced leeks (white and light green sections) and cooked until they were soft and browned. I added some garlic for about a minute and then added in some leftover broth (I think it was both chicken and beef broth I had leftover from some stuff my mom had made) to make a sauce. Tossed in some spinach fettucini and parmesean and it was delicious! Shelagh tasted it and loved it too (one day when she declares she hates anchovies I'll make this again and then tell her what's in it).

Here's the finished dish...

No comments: