*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Progress on the CSA Bag - Collard Greens

I've not cooked, nor even tasted, Collard Greens before. The CSA has forced them on me though so I gave it a whirl. I'm thrilled to report that they are delicious. Thank you, Martha Stewart, for this easy braised Collard Greens recipe with Bacon and Onions. I figured if I didn't like them I could at least eat the bacon. They were great though!
We've made a nice dent in our abundance of lettuce. The radishes are almost gone - used for salads. The rhubarb went into jam. Strawberries were eaten as is. The only item I haven't done anything with yet are the baby chard leaves. I'm thinking I'll saute them with garlic and oil probably tomorrow to go with some brats I grabbed at Trader Joes. Yum.

No comments: