*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, June 12, 2009

Supper Club Preparations

We're hosting for our Supper Club tomorrow night. I managed to clean 2 rooms, shop, and do some prep today. The big kids are going to my mother in laws tomorrow for lunch and to sleep over so I should be okay, with some help from Joe. I have a wicked schedule typed out so that I have everything as organized as possible and can actually have very little to do once everyone arrives. Here's the menu...I was inspired from one of the recent issues of Bon Appetit. It's a modern take on Mexican. I'm doing the main seafood dish and the rose sangria, but loosely borrowed from the rice and bean side dishes and added some stuff of my own.

Appetizers
  • Cheese Scallion Toasts
  • Mozzarella, Tomato, Salami skewers marinated in Sherry Vinagrette
  • Avocado bites w/ crumbled bacon and Sherry Vinagrette
  • Rose Sangria w/ Pineapple & Apricot Juices
Dinner
  • Shrimp & Scallop Saute w/ Avocado-Mango Salsa
  • Chicken sauteed w/ Mushrooms & Asparagus
  • Rice w/ chopped vegetables (onions, red peppers, zucchini)
  • Black Beans w/ sauteed onions & cumin
  • Sliced Tomato Salad
Dessert
  • Chocolate Mousse w/ Whipped Cream & Raspberries (going to try to get some cinnamon in here to make it lean more Mexican)

Good Luck to me!!

2 comments:

JFM said...

I can't believe that menu! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this type of blog. I love this.I have recently found an online TV Show with great episodes ling ahead to watched watch friends online , episodes are very interesting.