*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Roasted Turkey Breast and Carrots, Smashed Potatoes and Green Beans

In my quest to lower my cholesterol below 300 (seriously) and avoid being prematurely medicated, I have tried to incorporate at least 2 fish meals per week and more white meat poultry (ugh). Needless to say there have been a few disasters (poached salmon from Everyday Food for a start - blah, blah).

They had a split turkey breast on the bone at the grocery store this past week so I roasted it a la Martha (only brined for a couple of hours) and it came out perfectly - very juicy and no gravy needed (which is a bold statement for me where I don't prefer white meat). Along side the turkey was some carrots and onions just tossed in olive oil and salt. So good. I also made smashed potatoes. Not roughly mashed, but literally smashed with a meat pounder. I boiled small white potatoes until they were just done, smashed them and then sauteed them in some oil and salt in a pan for 20 minutes - again a la Martha - topping them with parmesean at the end. Here's the finished meal with some cranberry applesauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion to lower the cholesterol down to a normal cholesterol level of less than 200 will be to use a supplement called Bios Life that is clinically proven, which helps to lower my cholesterol, reduce the LDL or bad cholesterol and increasing the HDL or good cholesterol.