*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Progress on the CSA: Baby Chard or Spinach?

I sauteed what I thought was baby swiss chard in some olive oil and garlic. I don't think I've had chard before so I'm not sure if that is what I ate. B/c of the red ribbing on some of the leaves and the general appearance of the leaves (they looked more like arugula or some weird salad mix) I didn't think it was spinach. However, it really tasted like spinach. I guess it doesn't matter what it was...I like most leafy greens and garlic adds to anything.

1 comment:

L said...

Sena, my vote is chard. I got some this past week; I know because they had a list up. The ribs were bright pink and orange and white. Quite lovely. But it started to wilt the next day, so I quickly sauteed it wit bacon and garlic. The kids actually ate it..."More bacon pieces, please!" I told them the bacon came with chard and they had to eat them together. It's all a trade-off. LMP