*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whole Wheat Rhubarb Streusel Muffins

What is left of the Rhubarb Streusel Muffins that I made, thanks to SmittenKitchen and the early order from my CSA of fresh rhubarb!  Brought them to the pool, but no takers since everyone seems to be not eating carbs anymore.  Stick of Butter, Sour Cream, lots of Sugar, why the hell not?  Not even the tow truck drivers (yes, there were 2) that pulled my van off of a huge boulder that I drove over (yes, I did) wanted one.  Their loss.  They were delicious and more for the kids!

PS - For the record, I didn't just drove over and land on a boulder head on.  I drove past it, didn't see a parking spot, backed up, and then couldn't see it from my vantage point as it was just to the right of my front passenger door.  It happened fast and as soon as I realized I was on it, I was over it and stuck nice and good.  Luckily, it landed right in the wheel well and, miraculously, there was almost no damage at all to the car.  Astounding.  Joe will be so happy to hear when he returns from Ireland.  Good thing it was a gorgeous day at the pool to mask the embarrassment of this happening in the parking lot at the pool and the annoucement across the entire pool area that "DMV has arrived for whoever is parked on the rock".  Nice.  See below for the "after".  If you spot the boulder to the right you can imagine the "before".

No comments: