*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the Dance Recital Dress Rehearsal

Shelagh has her 1st dance recital coming up in a couple of weeks. The dress rehearsal was last night and I have to say that I am so excited! Despite some rushing to get there early on a work night and have her dressed, hair done, and ready (with Rory falling all over the place and being as much of a pain as possible) we made it with time to spare and got to sit with her friends from class and watch some of the other classes go ahead of her. The vision of the 3 girls standing amongst the chairs in their costumes mimicking each other, bouncing around to the music playing, and staring up at the stage was priceless.

Shelagh is in 1 of the 3 recitals her dance school puts on and there are 35 numbers for her recital, which is supposed to be the shortest one (seriously). We walked her over to the backstage area when her class was called and then sat down in the auditorium to watch. I fully expected her, or at least a few of the girls in her class, to freeze when they got onto the stage and looked out at all the seats and people. Didn't happen. She is obviously only just shy of 4 and I wasn't expecting a perfect little dance or anything. But they did a pretty great job I thought! They got the general moves down and kept things moving.

I was so overwhelmed with emotion at that moment watching Shelagh having a good time, smiling, and shaking herself all around up there and tapping away. She didn't seem scared or hesitant. She did her dance just like she does every Saturday at class. It made me think about how much I loved my dance classes and how exciting it was performing in the recital. I can't believe my little girl is turning 4 this month. I swear I love her more and more every day.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So sweet... Congrats to her!